Re: [LAU] LAC2009 website update

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 22:49:32 EET

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:19:51PM +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Some quick LAC2009 news.
>
> The LAC2009 website now has some info on
> travelling to and staying in Parma.
>
> <http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2009/>
>
> In the bed & breakfast category there is
> one more which will be added soon:
>
> DUCALE, Via Costituente 11, 43100 Parma
>
> <http://digilander.libero.it/bbducale/>
>
> If you look at the map on this website
> (click on the foto), the CdM is very
> near to the place marked 'Duomo'.
> 10-15 min from the conference site,
> depending on your walking speed.
>
> La Casa della Musica on Google maps:
>
> <http://maps.google.it/maps?f=q&hl=it&geocode=&q=piazzale+san+francesco+parma>
>
> Robin Gareus and Christoph Haag are working
> on getting the registration page on line.

Wow, it's in Italia! I'd love to go. Alas, I can't; the airfare alone from SFO to Milano would be around US$1000... there's no way I can come up with that kind of money.

Also I've never been to Italy myself (sono io cento-per-cento italiano, ma nato a New York), and I'm a bit afraid to go, since if I do, I might not ever want to come back. *sigh*

Have fun, and enjoy the prosciutto!

-ken