Re: [LAU] Lash 0.6.0-rc2 compiling help

From: Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 20:41:52 EET

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 05:55:41PM +0200, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Joel Roth <joelz@email-addr-hidden> writes:
>
> > Looking at the LASH manual I thought I might be
> > able to get access to the LASH dynamic library for an
> > application written in perl. Might make more sense to
> > start with an older version of LASH.
>
> I've made Python SWIG bindings for LASH and probably it will be trivial
> to generate perl bindings. The only problem I had was because of the
> compex argv in/out parameter used in lash initialization. But IIRC argv
> is not used anymore in 0.6.0 - environment variable is used instead.

I've only just read my first C tutorials to understand what
all those * mean in the function definitions. I didn't get
as far as ** and ***. If you've got SWIG bindings, that
might help me, as SWIG works for Perl, too.

Another, bindings option for perl, Inline::C, also
offers a fairly straightforward way to use dynamic
libraries.

http://search.cpan.org/~sisyphus/Inline-0.45/C/C-Cookbook.pod

So one way or another, I think it should be possible to
better integrate Ecasound, via the track and bus abstracts
provided by Nama, with the rest of the JACK ecosystem.

--
Joel Roth