Re: [LAU] MIDI with scales *and* soundfonts

From: Laura Conrad <sunny@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 04 2009 - 15:24:24 EET

>> The scala scale files seem to mostly have only one octave, but I
>> can multiply or divide by 2 enough times to get 128 notes.

    Justin> A quick pedantic note: not all scales that come with scala
    Justin> repeat evenly on the octave, so dividing by or multiplying
    Justin> by two may not be appropriate for some of the more
    Justin> specialized scales.

Actually I've played around with it a bit and Scala seems to export the
file timidity wants directly. It also exports something it calls a
shell script that allegedly works with fluidsynth, but I haven't figured
out how to make fluidsynth read that yet. I also don't have Timidity
reading both the font and the tuning table at the same time yet, but I'm
still working on it.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad@email-addr-hidden http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139