Re: [LAU] Success! An Asus EEE softsynth!

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Thu Feb 05 2009 - 19:21:59 EET

Ken Restivo wrote:
> No prob. Sometimes I wonder if my purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.
>
> Speaking of which: I was able to sell the OpenMoko at a $20 loss-- not too bad for a week's worth of hacking/testing. The mini-ITX I bought is going to end up at a friend's studio, as his new shiny 64Studio Linux box, to supplement (and hopefully eventually replace) his old G4 Mac ProTools setup.
>
> I will be re-reading the recent thread here about Silent PC's: I need an enclosure for the mini-ITX studio machine, and also a silent SATA or E-SATA hard drive for it.

If you want a mini-itx enclosure with a character display, this one
might be worth looking at:
http://www.mini-itx.com/store/?c=3#m300-lcd

I was thinking of getting one to use as a home web/file server, but have
decided to get a second hand NSLU2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NSLU2
instead, and put debian on it.

andy