Re: [LAU] Bpm detection/quantize

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 10 2009 - 01:08:34 EET

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 08:32:47PM -0200, surian wrote:

> I have an old jazz recording that I would like to
> add some beats with hydrogen.

I always wonder *why* some people, assuming they
are musicians, want to do such a thing. If it made
any sense the original players would have added
'some beats'.

> But the song doesn't follow any BPM, since it
> wan not recorded with click.

Of course not. There is no reason why it should
have been played with a click. What you see as
a defect is probably an essential quality, and
one you are going to destroy.

Ciao,

--
FA