Re: [LAU] HDSP 9632 in slave via SPDIF sync

From: Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 11 2009 - 13:10:52 EET

Hi Andrew !

Andrew Gaydenko wrote:

> > I have not a problem yet :-) The aim is to have extrenal DAC with own clock
> > and sync-dedicated SPDIF-out to sync RME, using last one as a SPDIF stream
> > source. And I know hdspconf has options to set such syncing. But before
> > ordering the DAC I'd want to be sure such syncing does *really* work with
> > current ALSA driver and hdsp GUI tools.

The RME Hammerfall 9652 (not HDSP) works perfectly well here in slave mode with
SPDIF or ADAT inputs. All syncing options are available in the main desktop
mixer (kmix for example). I have 2 ones in my studio linked by optical ADAT
cables. They allow me to play on Windows inside Linux and vice versa... The
clock system of these cards is really the best I have ever known... Enjoy it !

Cheers,
Guillaume