Re: [LAU] demo song

From: Tapani Sysimetsä <tapani.sysimetsa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 13 2009 - 00:33:50 EET

Hi folks,

Metsänpeitto is now available for download at Bandcamp (ogg, mp3, FLAC,
etc.)
http://tapanisysimetsa.bandcamp.com

Nuku EP is also there. If you have problems with flash, send me an email.

Two new demo songs called Helvetin rauniot ("Ruins of Hell") and Hyvä
tuuli ("Good wind") can be listened here:
http://www.sysimetsa.urli.net

Again, I used mostly Ardour, Qsynth, ZynAddSubFx and Hydrogen. Guitar
and bass were recorded directly through a mixer. For vocals and acoustic
guitar I had Samson Q7 mic covered with a woollen sock. The synth sounds
of Helvetin rauniot were made with my friend's Roland MC-303 many years
ago. The drum sample of Hyvä tuuli was made with Freebirth.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome. I'm trying to finish a full-length
album by summer, hopefully.

Metsänpeitto means something like "blanket of forest". In Finnish
mythology it is a state where one (human or animal) can fall into when
roaming in the forest. In this state one is not visible to others (or
appears as a stump or a stone) and one may feel that the forest has
suddenly become strange, unknown. It is believed that Metsänpeitto is
caused by goblins (or maahiset). There are several tricks for getting
out of Metsänpeitto, but some have remained there forever.

Tapani