Re: [LAU] 24-bit files and hisss....

From: Bearcat M. Şandor <hometheater@email-addr-hidden-soul.com>
Date: Sun Feb 15 2009 - 11:11:01 EET

On Sunday 15 February 2009 01:25:10 Ray Rashif wrote:
> AFAIK, this is due to the lack of proper/complete 24-bit format support.
> Use Aqualung.
Thanks Ray, I tried aqualung, I like it a bit, but it still doesn't play
these files. When i try to load one, it says "flac_decoder_open: FLAC file
with 6 channels is unsupported."

However, i've been able to play that same file in kmplayer (using mplayer)
just a few times. I'll start playing it, let it finish or go to another track
and then when i try to play it again i get nothing or static. Playing a
normal 16-bit/44.1 track works fine. Then i'll try it again a few days later
and, no problem, but i only get a few plays from this album.

Any ideas folks?

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Bearcat@feline-soul.net