Re: [LAU] an rt kernel for ubuntu 8.10 ?

From: Gordon J. C. Pearce MM3YEQ <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 17 2009 - 15:16:47 EET

On Sat, 2009-02-14 at 08:24 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> As some of you know, I've had nothing but trouble with Ubuntu's rt
> kernel, specifically 2.6.27-3-rt from the current repos. As a result
> I've been working in non-realtime, and I'm not happy about it.
>
> So, what's my best procedure here ? Shall I compile my own kernel

Stop using Ubuntu. Their realtime kernel is seriously flawed in many
ways. USB MIDI is broken, and there is little or no support for
binary-only drivers.

Since Ubuntu seems to be going down the Microsoft-like "You will do it
our way or you will not do it at all" route, I can no longer recommend
Ubuntu for any purpose.

Gordon