Re: [LAU] Debian Lenny make-kpkg compiling probs...

From: Florian Hollerweger <flo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 18 2009 - 13:19:53 EET

Hi,

I am not sure if this helps you, but I successfully compiled a 2.6.26.8
vanilla kernel (from kernel.org) patched with 2.6.26.8-rt16 three days ago.

The .config I took from my generic Debian 2.6.26-1-686 kernel (the
current lenny standard kernel), which I then edited with 'make
menuconfig' to include the necessary options as specified in the
rt-patch howto.

I did not bother about 'make oldconfig', and it seems I got away with
it, but not knowing where _your_ .config came from originally, I am
guessing that this might be useful for you to try as well?

best,
flo.H

> Hi List

> I'm on the "compile yourself a kernel track" once again. Last time I ran
> out of luck, but now after Debian Lenny became official stable I'd
thougth
> I'll give it one more try, but I'm running into problem when it comes to
> buil the kernel with the make-kpkg tool after loading in the old saved
> .config with menuconfig and rt adjustments done, the following error
message comes up: