[LAU] Awkward intermittent bug

From: David Hugh-Jones <davidhughjones@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 18:17:15 EET

Hello all

I've been trying to fix this for months on and off and have had no
luck. I'm afraid it's Skype-related, but I hope there is some general
interest.

My problem is that usually, when I record from my USB webcam
microphone (a creative Live! USB cam), the pitch is shifted upwards so
I sound like on helium.

But, sometimes, this doesn't happen. I can't identify the difference.

Can anyone suggest what I should be looking for? I tried grepping
/sys/snd*/parameters and comparing them for when the mike works and
when it doesn't; they are identical.

My kernel is 2.6.17-12; Alsa version 1.0.17; a generic Ubuntu Intrepid
setup, using PulseAudio.

Cheers
David