Re: [LAU] No sound from Presonus FP10

From: Pieter Palmers <pieterp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 10:26:23 EET

Jesse Zola wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:13 PM, Jesse Zola <jesse.zola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I'm in the process of setting up a 64 bit Archlinux system and I'm
>> stumped by a problem with playback on my FP10.
>>
>> * I can start jackd.
>> * The light on the FP10 turns blue.
>> * In qjackctl I can see programs (mplayer, ardour, etc.) making
>> connections to the default output pair.
>> * I can record in ardour and hear analog inputs being played back
>> through the monitors.
>>
>> Everything seems perfect aside from not beight able to get any sound
>> from the PC ;-(
>>
>> Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing? Have I missed
>> something obvious? I would really appreciate some help at this point.
>>
>> FFADO version is 1.999.41-1518
>> jack is jackdmp 1.90
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jesse
>>

> Figured it out. It's a bug in FFADO introduced after 2.0 beta 7. If I
> use rc1 or svn I get no playback. Revert back to beta 7 and all is
> good.
>
> (Replying to myself just in case anyone else experiences the same issue.)

Can you construct a ticket on http://subversion.ffado.org according to
the instructions in FFADO's README such that we can take a look at it.

I personally think it has something to do with jackmp's FFADO backed not
enabling the ports correctly. Since rc1 we actually disable processing
for ports that are marked to be disabled. It could be that jackmp fails
to enable the port for some reason.

Greets,

Pieter