[LAU] Updating without cvs or svn

From: alex stone <compose59@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Feb 20 2009 - 22:56:58 EET

A quick question.

I'm on the road at the moment, and i've had to deal with a broken laptop.
(Which is now fixed, and i'm typing this on a colleague's computer.)
My problem is i have no net access for the laptop, so i'm reinstalling
everything with a constant transfer process with an install disk, and a usb
stick. (And i should say here i've installed Debian Lenny ppc, which worked
out of the box with no problems. Thanks to the debian team!)

My colleagues computer is Windows, so i don't want to install anything on
it, for fear of messing it up, or introducing, however unwittingly a virus,
or bug of some sort.

Is it possible to simply download (Save as..., for instance) from an up to
date cvs or svn build, to an isolated download file, then transfer the files
to my usb stick, without using CVS or SVN to do so?
I've got most things re-installed, but a couple of apps, and updates that
have been highly useful for me, are only available at the moment through
CVS, SVN, or Git.

Alex.

--
Parchment Studios (It started as a joke...)