Re: [LAU] MusE problems (solved.. ish)

From: pete shorthose <zenadsl6252@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 10:44:45 EET

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 10:38:03 +0100
Robert Jonsson <spamatica@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> that does sound odd. I haven't tried regular 8.10 but the kubuntu 64-bit
> version builds muse 1.0rc1 here.
> There's no extra configuration you've done to qt? edited the configuration
> files or similar?
> I know it has happened to me a long time ago that qt had some ancient
> libraries added (probably by me) to .qt/qt_plugins that were not compatible
> and hence caused some of the build tools to crash instantly.
>
> Another thing to check is rights, are all files owned by you and writeable?
> But that is not very likely if you had the same problem with several
> tarballs.
>
> Does some other qt3 based package build?

Fmit also failed to build. I looked at the backtrace again and noticed that
uic was loading libQtCore from qt4 via dlopen just before the segfault. !!!?

Having moved that out of /usr/lib I can now build qt3 applications. I'm reluctant to
put it back in incase I return to find my laptop has turned into a Salvador Dali print.

cheers,
pete.