Re: [LAU] good linux distros for audio

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 22 2009 - 19:03:41 EET

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:29:16 +0100
Michiel <michiel33@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Which Linux distro is regarded as a good and reliable choice for audio?
> Playing, recording, gaming, voip, etc.

I've been using Fedora with the PlanetCCRMA packages and kernel for a
long time now and have had very good results. I'm currently on Fedora 9
with the 2.6.26.8-1.rt15.1.fc9.ccrma.i686.rt kernel, and have not had
issues other than having to disable PulseAudio(*).

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/ has all the info you
need.

(*)How on Earth did this piece of crud make it into the mainstream
distribution, anyway? For the life of me I can't see what it adds to
the operating environment.