Re: [LAU] Hammersound: no soundfonts ?

From: Gordon JC Pearce <gordonjcp@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 24 2009 - 11:15:20 EET

Roberto Gordo Saez wrote:
> bundled on a free (GPL or CC-BY licensed) soundfont, there were legal
> problems in the past, see this article by Walt Gregg:
>
> http://freepats.zenvoid.org/walt/README.htm

 From the above:
"Because of the threat of a copyright suit, however frivolous, sound samples
from digital synthesizers are off limits."

That's utter nonsense. If I create a patch on my Ensoniq VFX and sample
it, then *I* hold the copyright on that sample, not Ensoniq (or rather
the company that bought the company that bought Ensoniq).

Gordon