Re: [LAU] Lightweight Distro

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sun Mar 01 2009 - 21:16:08 EET

Hello Viktor!
   If you don't rely on a GUI you could use grml at
http://grml.org
   If you do need GUI, I'd suggest Debian from
http://www.debian.org
   As to music software: I've heard that some schools use csound, which is
nice, because there are lots of ways to operate in non-realtime. I believe,
that Csound has GUI-frontends. Besids that there's CLM (common lisp music),
SuperCollider3 (SC3), which I think comes directly with a GUI.
   For recording software, best completely rely on someone else's feedback.
   I hope that helps!
   Kindest regards
           Julien

--------