Re: [LAU] Packet In's new song about Jack

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 00:39:58 EET

Den Tuesday 03 March 2009 03.09.48 skrev Gabriel M. Beddingfield:
> Mark Knecht wrote:
> >> http://packet-in.org/repo/RPM09/~final_mixes
> >> Enjoy
> >> Julien :-)
> >
> > This link didn't work for me. Sorry.
>
> http://packet-in.org/repo/RPM09/_final_mixes/

I've got the songs on my mobile all day and been listening to them. I thought
I share my thoughts about them. Over all I like it and hope the songs will be
listened to at RPM Challenge. One thing i can say is that every song gets
better for every time I listen to them. One thing that would be nice is if
you could compile a file with all the lyrics in. It's nice to read the lyrics
when listening to the songs.

Audacity
Cool spoken-words-song with nice text. I read something in a magazine the
other day and that was "writing poetry is when you're not able to tell a
story". This proves that it isn't like that. Really good.

Candle Against the Wind
Good start. At first the vocals sounds a bit pitchy but as the song goes on it
gets better. The song grows for every time I listen to it.

Cindy
A bit pitchy in the middle but I like it. Good ending. I get Beatles feeling
about the ending.

Dreamt Funk 4 Teyssibro
I like the ruff jazzy sound of this. It some times sounds like two songs.

Eca S Sound
Mannfred Mann meets Iron Maiden featuring Omar Dykes (without the howling) as
a singer :-). Julien I gather from the attribution file.

Freedom
Oooo. The solo guitar gives me Santana feeling. Nice.

Jack and Jill
A feel-good song. Nice. The more I listen to it the more I like it. I feel
connected with the first lines of the first verse "It gets cold and lonely,
in my studio at night". My own studio is in the basement and it is -15
degrees celsius outside.

Love Me
At first I was really puzzled by the lyrics but after a few rounds I got my
head around it. I like the Bossa style of it.

Soft Hearted Woman
Nice groove. The guitar sounds a bit loud though.

Took a Step
I get Latin jazz feeling here. The ending was suprising. Nice relaxing tune.

/bengan