Re: [LAU] Packet In's new song about Jack

From: drew Roberts <zotz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 04 2009 - 02:25:02 EET

On Tuesday 03 March 2009 17:39:58 Bengt Gördén wrote:

> > > This link didn't work for me. Sorry.
> >
> > http://packet-in.org/repo/RPM09/_final_mixes/
>
> I've got the songs on my mobile all day and been listening to them. I
> thought I share my thoughts about them. Over all I like it and hope the
> songs will be listened to at RPM Challenge. One thing i can say is that
> every song gets better for every time I listen to them. One thing that
> would be nice is if you could compile a file with all the lyrics in. It's
> nice to read the lyrics when listening to the songs.
>

> Audacity
> Cool spoken-words-song with nice text. I read something in a magazine the
> other day and that was "writing poetry is when you're not able to tell a
> story". This proves that it isn't like that. Really good.

The Audacity of Hope
Copyright 2009, drew Roberts
(I will try and do a spoken word vocal for this guys)
Released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States
License
[P]

People of the net!
I am here today to talk to you of The Audacity of Hope.
I am here to talk to you of Freedom.
Freedom is not always free for you and me.
No! Sometimes there is a high price to pay.

Some say let freedom ring.
Some say live free or die.
Some speak of nothing left to lose.
Some lose hope.

I am here today to tell you that there is Freedom in Audacity.
I am here to tell you that hope makes a sweet sound in Audacity.
That although the price of Freedom may be high,
Although the price of Hope may be high.
The high price is worth it.
The high price is lower than the price of the alternatives.
The price of Audacity is lower still.

Some say lock them down!
Some call you thieves and pirates!
I say freely grab some Audacity and freely hope.
I say put Ardour in your heart and on your desk.
I say Jack will be your friend.
With hope, you may find Jack a better plumber than Joe.

People of the net!
Don't let them lock you down!
Choose Freedom!
Choose Hope!
Choose Ardour!
Choose Audacity!

> Candle Against the Wind
> Good start. At first the vocals sounds a bit pitchy but as the song goes on
> it gets better. The song grows for every time I listen to it.
>
> Cindy
> A bit pitchy in the middle but I like it. Good ending. I get Beatles
> feeling about the ending.

Lyrics: Cindy
-------------

Verse1:

Cindy was a big girl
Beauty queen
Cindy was a sweet girl
Young man's dream
Cindy took me places
Never been
Cindy broke my heart
Left for the green

Chorus:
Doin' this all for you, 'cause you like it
Writin' this song for you, 'cause you like it
Going thorugh all these shoes, 'cause you like it
Leavin' me all these clues, that you like it.

Verse2:

Cindy was a looker
Made the scene
Cindy took me higher
Fall and scream
Cindy dropped me harder
She's extreme
Cindy burned my mind
She's surpreme

???

Chorus (repeat)

Fadeout:
Cindy wake up (repeat)

-----

Unless shoes has special significance, may I suggest we change this line:

Going through all these shoes, 'cause you like it

Living these painful blues, 'cause you like it

or

Going through all these blues, 'cause you like it

or

Going through painful blues, 'cause you like it

Something along those lines.

I saw the mention of a lyrical disconnect in irc last night:

00:45 < muhoo> ah, i see the disconnect
00:45 < muhoo> the chorus is happy, it's a love song. the verses are sad, it's
a breakup song.
               Hmm.

If overall we want this to be what you call the love song type, how about we
leave verse one as is. Love then loss. And then make verse two love again,
this time right...

Will try for an all love song below too:

-----

Verse1:

Cindy is a big girl
Beauty queen
Cindy is a sweet girl
Young man's dream
Cindy is a looker
Makes the scene
Cindy takes me places
Never been

Chorus:
Doin' this all for you, 'cause you like it
Writin' this song for you, 'cause you like it
Going thorugh all these shoes, 'cause you like it
Leavin' me all these clues, that you like it.

Verse2:

Cindy takes me higher
Building steam
Cindy blows my mind now
She's extreme
Cindy lights my fire
Shout and scream
Cindy burns my heart
She's surpreme

???

Chorus (repeat)

Fadeout:
Cindy wake up (repeat)

-----

drew did the verses on cindy

> Dreamt Funk 4 Teyssibro
> I like the ruff jazzy sound of this. It some times sounds like two songs.
>
> Eca S Sound
> Mannfred Mann meets Iron Maiden featuring Omar Dykes (without the howling)
> as a singer :-). Julien I gather from the attribution file.

Lyrics by Drew Roberts & Julien Claassen

[chorus]
Eca's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd
She's living, she's living, but her sound is to loud
She's wondering, she's wondering, how she'd look in a shroud
Well she's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd

[verse]
Lash is running, he's running with a dangerous crowd
He wants her, he wants her, cause she's so well endowed
But he told her one day: "Just get off of my cloud!"
Yes he's running, he's running with a dangerous crowd.
-
Lash is daemon, who's face is disguised.
Unable of speakin', what Eca's devised.
He blocked all the doors, which Eca so prised,
Yes Lash is a daemon and she is surprised.

[chorus]
Eca's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd
She's living, she's living, but her sound is to loud
She's wondering, she's wondering, how she'd look in a shroud
Well she's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd
-
Eca's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd
Her daddy, her daddy, why is he never proud
Eca's sound just leaks out, though she lives in a cloud
Well she's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd

[verse]
Lash is running, he's running with a dangerous crowd
His mother, his mother, why does she scream 'n' shout
He tries and he tries but she never is wowed
Yes he's running, he's running with a dangerous crowd
-
Lash adores and adores her, but never enough.
He dislikes and distastes her, but it's only a bluff.
He cries and he cries and he cries - all too tough.
Yes Lash is a daemon, but even they love.

[chorus]
Eca's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd
She's living, she's living, but her sound is to loud
She's wondering, she's wondering, how she'd look in a shroud
Well she's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd
-
Eca's running, she's running with a dangerous crowd,
She's getting her daemons and Greeks all about,
She's telling her father and the whole world aloud:
"I'm breathing and living for my dangerous crowd!"

> Freedom
> Oooo. The solo guitar gives me Santana feeling. Nice.
>
> Jack and Jill
> A feel-good song. Nice. The more I listen to it the more I like it. I feel
> connected with the first lines of the first verse "It gets cold and lonely,
> in my studio at night". My own studio is in the basement and it is -15
> degrees celsius outside.

Jack is my Jack but I still need a Jill
Copyright 2009, drew Roberts
Released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States
License
[P]

Song structure: refrain, verse1, chorus1, refrain solo on verse and chorus,
chorus1, refrain verse2, chorus2, and out.

Refrain

Verse 1
It gets cold and lonely, in my studio at night
Routing all these sounds around, by electric light
I need me a country girl, to fill me with delight
One who will not lead me on, but snuggle in real tight

Chorus 1
Yes Jack is still my jack, but I still need a Jill
A down home sweet good looker, who will give me all my thrills
A woman who would stand by me, when my well runs dry
A sweet thing who will lift me up, when I need to fly

Refrain

Solo on verse chords
Solo on chorus chords

Chorus 1
Yes Jack is still my jack, but I still need a Jill
A down home sweet good looker, who will give me all my thrills
A woman who would stand by me, when my well runs dry
A sweet thing who will lift me up, when I need to fly

Refrain

Verse 2
Well I may be an island boy, but I got Free software skills
And one thing that I love at night, is music from these hills
With Ardour on my screen, and ardour in my heart
I can hug and squeeze her, while I'm tracking her real smart.

Chorus 2
Yes Jack is still my jack, but I still need a Jill
A woman who would follow me, up and down these hills
Whether life should treat me good, or treat me real bad
A sweet thing who would truly be, the best I ever had

Refrain and out

> Love Me
> At first I was really puzzled by the lyrics but after a few rounds I got my
> head around it. I like the Bossa style of it.

Love Me
Copyright 2009, drew Roberts
Released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States
License
[P]

Love me, love me, love me, love me
Like a rising star
Love me, love me, love me, love me
Like a jazzk guitar
Love me, love me, love me, love me
Like a super star
Love me, love me, love me, love me
Like a red sports car

Love me, love me girl
Yes love me love me baby
Yes love me baby

Love me, love me girl
Yes love me love me baby
Yes love me love me love me all the time

Take me, take me, take me, take me
Like a shooting star
Take me, take me, take me, take me
Like a rock guitar
Take me, take me, take me, take me
Like a crowded bar
Take me, take me, take me, take me
Like a red sports car

Love me, love me girl
Yes love me love me baby
Yes love me baby

Love me, love me girl
Yes love me love me baby
Yes love me love me love me all the time

Burn me, burn me, burn me, burn me
Like a falling star
Burn me, burn me, burn me, burn me
Like a blues guitar
Burn me, burn me, burn me, burn me
Like a bridge too far
Burn me, burn me, burn me, burn me
Like a red sports car

not all the verses made it in.

> Soft Hearted Woman
> Nice groove. The guitar sounds a bit loud though.
>
> Took a Step
> I get Latin jazz feeling here. The ending was suprising. Nice relaxing
> tune.
>

> /bengan

OK, I've done a quick fill in on the lyrics I was involved with. Guys?

drew