Re: [LAU] [LAD] About mailing lists and linuxaudio.org (Was: Debian Multimedia Team)

From: MarcO'Chapeau <marco@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 09 2009 - 23:30:49 EET

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 21:35:39 +0100, Nils Gey <list@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I am not annoyed about Distribution Talk. Clicking these
Debian-discussion
> as "read" is not much work.
>
> But I ask myself why this crossposting is allowed. Its not a good habit.
> guess nearly the same people are subscribed to LAD and LAU so I see only
> SPAM-reasons to crossmail this to both lists.

Well, I don't have the figures anymore, but Robin Gareus had made some
statistics 2 years ago showing that cross posting between LAU, LAD and LAA
is not at all a bad thing since only very few people are subscribed to two
or three of those lists at the same time.

I'll try to generate some up to date stats to see if it is still true.

Marc-Olivier Barre.
------
Participez au black-out anti-HADOPI :
http://www.laquadrature.net/fr/APPEL-HADOPI-blackout-du-net-francais