Re: [LAU] Are RT-patches needed anymore? (Was Re: >= 2.6.27 RT ETA? )

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 10 2009 - 16:32:17 EET

For those interested in trying out the recent 2.6.29-rc6-rt, I am uploading
debs built on the Ubuntu 8.10. The kernel is huge as I used the default
Ubuntu 8.10 config with minimal alterations to accommodate rt patch and
specific hardware support needed for my MSI Wind. The good news is that the
kernel appears to be solid with out-of-box support for suspend, hibernate,
webcam, wireless, and Compiz with no observable side-effects on the
real-time performance.

If interested, I am currently uploading the kernel debs and supporting
documentation to the following URL:

http://ico.bukvic.net/Linux/Kernels/

NB: The image file is ~280MB and should take another ~1.5 hours to upload.

Cheers!

Best wishes,

Ico