Re: [LAU] [LAD] New release of jconv

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 01:59:33 EET

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:45:17AM +0100, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> wow. thanks for the new example configurations and the extensive
> comments! very helpful.

I hope you like the AMB ones...

> the convolver itself is a bit of a marketing disaster, though. i mean,
> uh, it just convolves. No fancy new features, such as UltraLowJitter, or
> at least TrueMultiplyAndAdd (for purists, as opposed to FFT-based, for
> that extra dash of depth and clarity). And TubeMode would be cool as
> well. but one cannot have it all, i assume. ;)

:-) I'll take the IR of a long tube one if these days.

> in the reverb configs, you mention that you cut off the direct sound by
> setting an offset, which will then make the convolutions suitable to use
> in a classic "aux send" setup, so that the reverb return will be 100% wet.
> but why do you remove the first 5 ms of the room response?

Because it's not room response but speaker response
(mainly LF, if the source was not well equalised),
or reflections from very close objects which are
not perceived as reflections but just add a nasty
colouration.

Ciao,

--
FA