[LAU] ArtistX distro

From: frank pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 11 2009 - 08:42:23 EET

Being a distro whore stretching back to RedHat 5.1, and having recently
struggled during the RPM09 challenge considerably more with my apps than
I felt I should have, I installed ArtistX yesterday.

This is a phenomenally complete (9.8GB huge/bloated some will say - but
what a playground of applications for graphics, audio, and video work
along with all the productivity packages a studio, household or business
might need) multimedia distro based upon Debian a la Intrepid 8.10 and
Ubuntu Studio, but unlike that latter distro, everything I've tried in
ArtistX has worked faultlessly, and at an exceptionally high level of
performance.

Gnome 2.24, KDE 4.2, kernel 2.6.27 and a boatload of cutting-edge software.

http://www.artistx.org/site2/

Frank