Re: [LAU] why shouldn't clients autoconnect to jack

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 23 2009 - 22:59:45 EET

> Each project I build has its own script for making the necessary
> connections when I run it. Autoconnect is just a nuisance to me.

Why is autoconnect a nuisance here? If every project you build has its own script then why can that script not contain the switches to override the autoconnect options where you don't want them? I think there was general agreement from everybody that auto-connect should not be enforced but should optionally be disabled. I have been argueing a case that for those people who know enought to want to scrpt this stuff then make sure they can override anything. For those who do not (yet) know enough to script, let _them_ have defaults. You are probably the last person I would put into that last catagory.

I will also say that I want to change my vote to no auto-connect per default. There have been far too many good arguements against this capability, even Fons made sense this time which I am certain means he had a very valid point to make.

Regards,

nick.