Re: [LAU] how to record Gramophone?

From: frank pirrone <frankpirrone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 24 2009 - 00:37:11 EET

Olivier Guilyardi wrote:
> garry.ogle@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>
>> frank pirrone wrote:
>>

>>> I'd also look into
>>> Gramofile:
>>> for pop/click filtering and automatic breaking of a continuous recording
>>> into "tracks" or songs. It can be used for post-processing the
>>> recordings you make.
>>> I'd also look into
>>> Gramofile:
>>>
>> I'd recommend gnome-wave-cleaner for post-processing:
>>
>> http://gwc.sourceforge.net/
>>

> +1 for Gnome Wave Cleaner. I successfully digitalized 50+ years old persian
> music LP's using this app.
>
> --
> Olivier

Yeah, me too. It's a fine program, but my reason for referring the OP
to Gramofile was primarily its functionality for breaking a continuous
recording into individual tracks or songs based upon the silence between
as delimiter.

Anyone have another program recommendation for that operation?

Of course it's easy enough to manually split a waveform where one tune
ends and another begins, but if one were digitizing an entire record
collection that would be beyond onerous. Also DAO can certainly handle
impressing that continuous recording onto optical media, but that's not
the same as having individual files - for any of a number of purposes.

Frank