Re: [LAU] Jconv

From: Jörn Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Fri Mar 27 2009 - 20:42:05 EET

Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Of course doing this in Ardour is a nightmare as you end
> up with three of four plugins per channel. For a typical
> orchestra this means you'd have something like 50 plugin
> windows on screen, or being forced to re-open and close
> them for each adjustment.

as paul said, once the track templates are in shape (and they seem very
close), such a thing will be quite easy to set up in ardour. the only
thing that's missing is a way to display all plugins for one channel in
a single window, and maybe a second option to display one particular
parameter for all channels (the pm5d has such a mode for its encoder
bank, and it's really, really, really nice).

optionally, keyboard shortcuts to pop up and cycle through plugins both
horizontally (next track/bus, previous track/bus) and vertically
(next/prev plugin in current track/bus)...

> I'm developing a mixer app that has a more ergonomic
> layout for this sort of thing. It wil also do ambisonics
> and provide filters, dynamics, equaliser and delays on
> each channel.

while you're designing it, could this stuff be separated so that it's
easy to split it into an lv2 "Ambi channel strip" plugin and a lv2
reverb section later? this way, it could be used in ardour without
having to duplicate code...

best,

jörn