Re: [LAU] firewire newbie in trouble

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 28 2009 - 18:20:45 EET

Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:

> Some distro's don't compile with FFADO support by default. You may need to
> compile JACK from source and enable FFADO.

Any way of finding out about weather that's the case before I tear my
system apart?

Should/could I keep my original jack installation? Could I install in
parallel and just use the compiled version?

The following packages will be REMOVED:
   jackd qjackctl supercollider supercollider-emacs supercollider-gedit
   supercollider-server

If I remove jack it seems I need to compile supercollider by hand. Would
  the old binary from-repo supercollider work with a compiled-by-hand
jack? In general can anything be said about if software from the repo
(expecting the jackd from the repos) would work with my compiled-by-hand
jack?

--
Atte
http://atte.dk    http://modlys.dk