Re: [LAU] Easy sound morphing?

From: Michal Seta <mis@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 03:19:40 EEST

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Dan S <danstowell+lxau@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> or maybe find something using LPC-based
> analysis rather than FFT, that might do well (I haven't looked) - LPC
> should have a better chance at handling drum sounds gracefully.

Yeah, or some granular approach; interleaved samples, very short,
while first sound's density decreases, the next sound's density
increases. I think that if I were doing morphing of busy spectra I
would go with that first (but I have never tried this so don't take my
word for it). Needless to say, I would not advise to do the splicing
by hand ;)

--
./MiS
514-344-0726