[LAU] The courses that the students take during their Music Technology Education

From: Arda Eden <ardaeden@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 04 2009 - 16:02:55 EEST

Hi There,
Here in Turkey, music technology education is mostly associated with
recording,
mixing and other studio applications. As I get from those mail lists,
outside Turkey
music technology (at the universities of course) is mostly interested in
creating the
technology rather using it.

There are 4 or 5 music technology departments at different universities here
in Turkey.
It seems like the philosophy is not grabbed in a correct way because all has
dissimilar course programs.
Only my department gives courses like Csound, Programming Languages, Sound
Synthesis
etc. along with studio applications. Rest of the departments just focus on
studio stuff.

So, I need to publish a paper about music technology formation all around
the world which
I can adapt it here in Turkey.

I just need your help in that way:

1) Personal ideas about my problem above.
2) The course programs (or just the names of the courses) of the departments
that you're working at.
3) The qualification requirements of the student candidates.

Although it looks like this mail mostly concerns the university men,
everybody is welcome.

If any document files need to be attached you can mail me to
ardaeden@email-addr-hidden

Thanks for your help.

--
Arda EDEN