[LAU] accessing hdsp mixer with amixer

From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Apr 12 2009 - 03:16:27 EEST

On Sunday 12 April 2009 01:10:09 you wrote:
> Andrew,

> > > If you use the hdsp's matrix mixer, it will render the volume with
> > > higher precision than 16 bits, so play back unattenuated and control
> > > the output level in the matrix mixer.
> >
> > How to deal with the mixer (output channels) via CLI?
>
> amixer.
>

> Flo

Florian,

Yes, I see amixer must be used. The proble is, hdsp driver maps card's mixer
controls to alsa mixer controls in not-obvious way.There was somewhere some
information about accessing hdsp mixer controls (how to relate channels and
appropriate controls, write (and read?) values and such), but I can not found
it now (probably it was at old alsa site).

The card has

numid=5,iface=HWDEP,name='Mixer'

control, and, probably, something like

amixer cset numid=5 x,y,z

must be used. What are those x, y, z? :-)

OTOH, it seems like I can not get current hdsp mixer settings: 'amixer cget
numid=5' just returns a tuple with three zero rather full 3dim matrix. Can I?

Has anybody elaborated information about all these issues?

Andrew