Re: [LAU] Normalizing Audio Levels using RMS

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 18:28:24 EEST

Viktor Mastoridis a écrit :
>>> Hi Linux Audio Geeks
>>>
>>> In my musical prehistory, while I was on Windows, I used to use a
>>> program called SoundForge that had one very useful feature: normalizing
>>> audio levels with RMS, even using the Equal Loudness Contour
>>>
>>> For a whole year I am struggling now to find something similar on Linux,
>>> without much success.
>>>
>>> Any help/hints will be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Viktor

The ReZound soundfile editor includes an Adaptive Normalize that "uses
an RMS level detector (defined by the window time) and adjusts the
amplitude inversely proportional to the signal level. As the level drops
the gain increases; as the level rises the gain decreases. There is also
a max gain limit so that silence does not get amplified by infinity
(when the maximum gain level is not being imposed). The formula is:

output = input*normalization level / current signal level

If Lock Channels is enabled the signal level will be calculated across
all selected channels which will preserve stereo phase."

But I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.

Best,

dp