Re: [LAU] 1 song / 2 pieces

From: Edgar Aichinger <edogawa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Apr 20 2009 - 16:04:27 EEST

Am Montag 20 April 2009 schrieb Grammostola Rosea:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >
> > Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to play a drum file with seq24. Now I have 100 bars with a
> >> drum pattern but something in between the drum pattern changes to
> >> another for 16 bars. How do I set this up in seq24 and play it?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>

> > Not sure if you can use multiple bpm. that might be more useful but if
> > now can you just find the common bpm between the two passages and use
> > that as the time signature?
> It's not an change in tempo, just another pattern.
> There is an Song editor, but I don't think I understand it well. If I
> can make two songs and let the first play from bar 1-56 and from 57- 73
> the other song and then from 74 to end the first again, then I'm where I
> want to be I think. But I don't understand how it works.
>
> Maybe I have a little problem with seq24 too. When I have it in the Song
> Mode, I can't hear sound when I playback (I hear the drums in LS when I
> hit the piano roll). I only hear sound when playing when seq24 is in
> Live Mode...

I made a quick test setup for this scenario, and it seems to work here
(using kmidimon to see events on screen):

1) launched seq24 and kmidimon
2) created 2 patterns, connected both of them to kmidimon
3) opened the song editor, put some bars of each pattern to the track timeline
4) pressed play in the song editor

and voila, kmidimon receives data.

Here's a screenshot of the setup:
http://people.jacklab.net/edogawa/files/screenshots/seq24-kmidimon.png