Re: [LAU] building liblo static library

From: M Watts <zwy648rct@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 09:48:59 EEST

michael noble wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> Hopefully I'm not out of place. I'm trying to compile liblo for
> openSuse 11.1 as none of the default packages include the static
> library, however the build is bailing during make:
>
> libtool: Version mismatch error. This is libtool 2.2.4
> Debian-2.2.4-0ubuntu4, but the
> libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.2.6.
>
> Can anybody give me any clue about how I could rememdy this. I have
> libtool 2.2.6 installed, so I really don't understand the reference to
> 2.2.4.

You'd have to point liblo's configure script at the header files for
libtool 2.2.6, either by configure --prefix=/usr/local (for example), or
setting the appropriate compiler flag. Try ./configure --help to see
what the available flags are.

If you installed libtool 2.2.6 yourself, it's probably under /usr/local.