[LAU] Linux synths used on commercial Rock/Pop CD

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 24 2009 - 22:20:17 EEST

I'm happy to report that Linux softsynths have been used on a commercial pop/rock CD called "Lawler Rules".

I did some studio work for them over the last year, and the CD is finally out. They produced it on a Mac with ProTools. I played keyboards on it and used exclusively Linux and Linux softsynths.

http://www.myspace.com/lawlerrulesvol1

I used AMS for the Moog and ZynAddSubFX for the synthy-string pad on "Cocaine Cowboys", and PHASEX for the ARP-y plinks on "Death". AZR3 is Hammond organ and Fluidsynth for piano on most of the songs, and Fluidsynth is also the bass on "Big Groove".

If you like commercial classic rock, enjoy. Higher-resolution versions might end up for sale on Last.fm, Virb, CDBaby, or elsewhere.

-ken