Re: [LAU] Linux synths used on commercial Rock/Pop CD

From: Andras Simon <szajmi@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 25 2009 - 02:35:43 EEST

On 4/24/09, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

>> Would you mind telling us what soundfonts you used with Fluidsynth?
>> I'm especially impressed by the bass on Big Groove.
>>

> Sure. The piano is the Steinway Grand soundfont, I think I paid $5 for it,
> "TrachtmanSteinC_XFade2_2001Aug16.sf2". I don't remember what finger-picked
> bass soundfont I used, it was probably either "fingered bass
> (sampletank).sf2" or "bass - fender jazz bass.sf2", probably from
> HammerSound.

Thanks! HammerSound is (still?) not quite functional, but these bass
soundfonts can be found here

http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/file-detail/fingered-bass--sampletank--sf2-1386.html
http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/file-detail/bass---fender-jazz-bass-sf2-477.html

in case anyone is interested. If you're indeed using one of these,
it's probably the Fender.

Andras

Andras