Re: [LAU] Laptop as portable synth/effects box?

From: Dan S <danstowell+lxau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 13:57:36 EEST

Yes, you could try Transmission Linux (badly-named distro, very hard
to google! but it's essentially ubuntu studio for netbooks [1]), on a
small machine like an Eee.

(I use Eee 701s, the portability factor is fantastic, but some might
find them too small. Haven't used Transmission yet, mostly using
Xandros or Eeebuntu.)

Dan

[1] http://createdigitalmusic.com/2008/01/08/ces-free-transmission-audio-distro-running-on-umpc-trinity-or-your-pc/

http://www.mcld.co.uk