Re: [LAU] getting sound out Ingen

From: M Watts <zwy648rct@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu May 07 2009 - 01:05:14 EEST

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just installed Ingen to check it out. Is Ingen the same kind of app like
> AMS is? Are there instrument patches for Ingen? How do I get sound from it?

Right-click the canvas and choose Output > Audio to get output ports for
Jack.

Input > Audio gives Jack audio inputs, and Input > Event gives Jack midi
input

Between inputs and outputs, you can play around with the various plugins
and filters; there are similarities with AMS.

You can also have multiple patches and connect them to each other.

There are screenshots of 2 sample patches on the Ingen site, e.g.
http://drobilla.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/ingen.png

There's a handy Find Plugin option in the right-click menu.