Re: [LAU] how do you record bassguitar?

From: Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 01:50:58 EEST

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM, Grammostola Rosea
<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> How do you record electr. bassguitar?
>
> I have an Cort bass, G series
> peavey TKO amp
> maudio dmp 3 preamp
> shure beta 58

I like recording bass direct in, unless there is a specific amp sound
you want to capture (like Ampeg tube amps). I usually go into a tube
pre-amp and then direct into the board from there. Most bass amps have
a direct out also (some even have balanced XLR out, use that if you
can!)

-- Brett