Re: [LAU] [ANN] Jackbeat 0.7

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 11 2009 - 13:09:15 EEST

On Sun, 2009-05-10 at 22:45 +0200, Olivier Guilyardi wrote:

> Okay, this problem should be solved in SVN.

And so it is, thank you. :)

> To a certain extent one might consider the problem comes from the jackdmp waf
> build system, which doesn't provide libtool .la files, while all packaged
> libraries do provide these files.

One might also consider the packaging practices of certain
distributions. All but one of my systems are running some flavor of
Debian or Ubuntu, and IIRC Debian has had a suspect policy re: packaging
JACK. In the past I could replace system components without complaint
from the system, but apparently that's no longer true.

I've run into the same problem when trying to build the latest MusE 1.0
rc2. It gets to the link stage and fails because of missing libjack.la.
If anyone from the MusE development group reads this perhaps they too
can reconsider their use of libtool.

> Please use SVN r569 or later:
> svn co http://svn.samalyse.com/jackbeat/trunk jackbeat
>
> The checkout includes ./autogen.sh which you need to run before anything else.

I had no problems with the build, Jackbeat 0.7.1 is now running happily
on my 64 Studio 3 beta box.

Thanks again !

Best regards,

dp