Re: [LAU] pulseaudio issues [was Re: jackdbus issues: a workaround ? (Was: more jack/qjackctl madness)]

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 16:17:34 EEST

Hi,

Funny thing is that I'm looking at the docs for pulse audio and no where
so far is there a mention of jack.

In the faq, "perfect setup", "first steps"... It would appear that
jack support for PA is/was an after thought. One could even get the
impression that the people who wrote the pulse audio documentation
believe that jack is redundant.

Now, if this is not a strategically motivated ommission to keep people
employed working on pulse audio then I have to wonder what is the
reasoning behind pulse audio being presented as the all in one solution
for audio on Linux when jack is clearly and undeniably the sound server
of choice for professional audio.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd