[LAU] Software RAID for Ardour?

From: Brent Busby <brent@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 03:40:08 EEST

I wondered what the prevalent opinion was about setting up a software
raid mirror of two sata drives under Linux LVM. This is on a 3.2GHz
quad core AMD system that almost certainly has plenty of free CPU. Will
this provide extra disk i/o that could be usefully applied to getting
more simultaneous tracks, or will using a software mirror interfere with
the RT kernel or cause latency issues/instability somewhere?

+ UNIX Systems Admin	 +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ Physical Sciences Div. +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ James Franck Institute +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky