Re: [LAU] ubuntu realtime.

From: Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.morelli@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri May 29 2009 - 10:24:34 EEST

2009/5/28 Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen@email-addr-hidden>

> Tom Dunstan kirjoitti:
>
> > Asmo, you seem to be quite happy... any ideas?
>
> Yes I am. Here is my laptop with Echo AudioFire4.
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Ubuntu_Studio/904_ffado_02.png
>
> This time latency is 8 ms. Where, when and why someone needs something
> like 3 ms?

Here we aim at 1.6ms with the hope of at least 2.7ms
If you do monitoring and using real time fx while recording one or more
tracks with a mixing console then 8ms is really a bad latency.

I follow this statement here: "Apple considers everything < 10ms as
> 'good enough'. And the audio pro's seem to be very happy with Apple."

I got a patch for this: "Apple considers everything good enough if you plan
to spent 500$/€ more than the rest of computers only to have a fancy apple
picture on the box"

;-)

cheers
-r