[LAU] an interesting free album

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 30 2009 - 15:26:27 EEST

Hi

May I draw everybodys attention to Hunz' great pop album "Thoughts that
move"? Although it's not directly related to linux audio, I feel there
are enough reasons to mention it here:

1) It's a great album, great songs, great production, great vocals.

2) It's freely available for download:
http://hunz.com.au/2009/05/new-album-is-out-now-its-free/

3) It's done *entirely* in renoise, a commercial tracker (49 euros) that
has a native linux version, and a fully functional, non-expiring demo
that has no show stopping restrictions.

4) It's also released as renoise files, which means that anyone into
production in general and trackers in particular can see how this
wonderful album is produced. Even if you're not using renoise you can
grab the demo for free, load the files and learn hands on.

5) Since renoise is one of the few commercially available music
applications for linux, it part of the ongoing and interesting (and
important) discussion: "do we need/want/want to pay for" commercial
software under linux.

6) It's an example of a production done entrirely in one program,
something that I guess most linux users are not used to.

7) It's written, recorded and produced entirely in february, 2009 as
part of the RPM challenge (that I know some people here have also
participated in)

Sorry if anyone feels it's unfitting for mentioning it here. I'm in no
way associated with the artist or renoise.com, although I'm a (new)
renoise user.

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte