[LAU] Some thoughts on making electronic music

From: Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 02 2009 - 10:11:41 EEST

Some words of wisdom from a local electronic musician:

http://www.generalfuzz.net/blog/?p=486

He doesn't use Linux, but his point #2 is one of the nice side-effects of Linux being off the beaten path: there isn't the distraction of entirely new synths and plugins coming out every day. So it's easier to focus on the tools that are already there.

Of course, there's another problem replacing it: the potential distraction of endlessly tweaking the system instead of making music on it.

Speaking of which: many thanks to whomever posted the reminder about adding the --initrd flag to make-kpkg. I'd forgotten about that, and my upgrade process was stalled because of that.

-ken