Re: [LAU] Audio Distribution Proposal...

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 05:15:37 EEST

On 06/05/2009 07:40 AM, Roger wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> Ray Rashif wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Patrick
>>>
>>> A listing like that is available at http://linux-sound.org/distro.html
>>> but it may not be up-to-date.
>>>

>> It is kept up-to-date. Transmission was added to the list this morning.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> dp

> I'm pretty sure Transmission is only available from Trinity Audio as a
> custom distro running on Indamixx or USB key. It's not available
> separately AFAIK.
> Maybe Ronald or Patrick can enlighten us.

Hi,

I have access to it but I don't know the exact details of the public
access. You can purchase the usb key and/or an indamixx to get it
preinstalled and ready to go. It's very reasonably priced IIUC and as
one person was considering paying 100k/year to get a stable distro I
would like to recommned they purchase a usb key or indamixx instead. It
will support Linux Aduio Development adn several Linux Audio Developers
are directly involved.

Of course there is also the alternative distributions and overlays,
etc... which are listed on the distros page at linux sound.

I will get some more info and update re public access to Transmission.

Cheers.