Re: [LAU] Audio Distribution Proposal...

From: Raine M. Ekman <raine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 11:44:06 EEST

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, shane richards wrote:
> Another approach that I´ve been thinking about, would be a general LAU
> repository covering the different distros that we all use.
> LAU/Fedora, LAU/*buntu, LAU/whatever...

This coupled with some (semi)automatic multi-distro packaging system would
be very nice, just upload the source and let the machines do the packaging
and do tests on quality, as ((64-bit + 32-bit) * a bunch of distros) gives
us quite a few combinations. I'm of course just dreaming here, if this was
realistic one would think somebody would have built this already, not only
for audio software but for all kinds... maybe this already exists? Letting
the distro experts worry about stability, hardware support and so on while
upstream (or volunteers :) package their apps should in my opinion work as
a way to ease the work for the distros and make recent software available.

(Feel free to bash this idea, it's only a loose vision I got while surfing
Freshmeat a while back, not anything I'm prepared to start as I'm not that
much of an expert really).

--
  Raine M. Ekman ...... raine@email-addr-hidden
  the Radio Project ... http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=36109&displ_lang=en