Re: [LAU] Connie, an organ template for JACK

From: Martin Homuth-Rosemann <linuxaudio@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 00:13:40 EEST

Am Sonntag, 7. Juni 2009 schrieb Emanuel Rumpf:
> 2009/6/7 Martin Homuth-Rosemann <linuxaudio@email-addr-hidden>:
> > I've changed the deprecated call:
> > jack_client_new( name ) -> jack_client_open( name, 0, NULL)
> > (Nick Copeland, thank you for this hint)
> >
> > New bugfix version Connie-0.3.1a is available at
> > http://cryptomys.de/horo/Connie/Connie.tar.gz
>
> Oh thank you. That went quickly.
> I had to manually connect the outputs, but
> it's working now !
> A funny squeezy sound :-)
> The vibrato is too intensive for my taste.
> Also it sounds "staticly". I suppose that's the harder part,
> to make the sound sound "living" ?
> It's small. I haven't looked much at
> the code, but it might make a good
> "how to code a synth" - example/tutorial.
>
> Best Regards,
> Emanuel
Hi,

a new version is available, please test and comment!

source: http://cryptomys.de/horo/Connie/connie_0.3.2.tar.gz
debian sid: http://cryptomys.de/horo/Connie/connie_0.3.2_i386.deb

Changes:
- debianized (my first try)
- own sample tables for each octave, use of bandlimited sawtooth
- improved gui (or better call it "tui")
- prog change from pc kbd or midi
- reduced keyclicking
- corrected vibrato parameters (?)

Emanuel, you're right - I wrote the prog as a proof of concept and as a
toolbox for creating an organ; I've commented the tricky and obscure parts.
To let "connie" autoconnect at start you have to #define AUTOCONNECT
It's not done automagicly because this is "A BAD THING" if not told
explicitely.
The static sound is really the hard part. I'll try to add some percussive
elements or an ADSR - but hey, it's an organ and not a rhodes.

Critics and hints are welcome!

Ciao
Martin