Re: [LAU] OSS tweaks redux

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jun 13 2009 - 22:42:33 EEST

Nice to see you here, Kim. When our paths cross again I would like to
hear your switch story personaly, I am a bit surprised.

And yes, the situation of audio is confusing but in general, I mean with
the other operating systems, I have the impression that it get worse.
Can't speak for Windows because I have not much experience with ProAudio
on it but at Apple I see a lot of strange decisions like the abondance
of Firewire, than bring it back, killing the expresscard slot the same
time. I dont see the out-of-box-install drivers-plug-n-play thing at
other operating system any more at the moment, seems to be a gambling
game what works with what at which latency.

Cheers,

Malte

--
----