Re: [LAU] Mono suitable for creating LAU applications?

From: Atte Andre Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 16 2009 - 17:19:44 EEST

hollunder@email-addr-hidden wrote:

> This is one of the more annoying properties of arch: if you compile or
> package you run into trouble first, often before the developers of
> given software. And it's mostly, but not exclusively, gcc trouble.

Year, and under ubuntu I had to run 8.04 to get a working system, which
wasn't actually performing *that* well. Or I could run debian stable and
be compiling anything newer than the often-years-old stuff in the repos
by hand. Or gentoo (which I'm too stupid to get up and running, tried
twice). Or one of the specialized multi-media distros, which seems to
have sporadic development or most documentation available in a language
I don't understand :-)

Note that this wasn't a rant, just trying to keep up the spirits after
about a week with arch, that seems like it's gonna be my new distro of
choice. There's no such thing in my world as the perfect distro, and I
love making music too much to be an eternal distro-hopper looking for it
(the perfect distro). So arch it is for me for now :-)

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte