Re: [LAU] Problems with usb midi cable

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 11:59:59 EEST

> 75 means EOVERFLOW. linux/Documentation/usb/error-codes.txt says:
> | -EOVERFLOW (*) The amount of data returned by the endpoint was
> | greater than either the max packet size of the
> | endpoint or the remaining buffer size. "Babble".

Are you running any application on your system or just aseqdump? You
might find that if you are running a phat softsynth in realtime mode that
it is chewing up chunks of CPU when note events occur and preventing
the USB from being serviced?

You might also want to look at whether your CPU governor is 'ondemand'
rather than performance although even having said that, if the CPU had
stepped down to just 600MHz as my laptop does, that is still 100M cycles
per MIDI event which is more than aseqdump would need. Typically.

Have you looked at the version of the ALSA drivers? Just to make sure
that the drivers are servicing the input buffer correctly, emptying it in a
timely fashion.

Regards, nick.

"we have to make sure the old choice [Windows] doesn't disappear”.
Jim Wong, president of IT products, Acer